This newsletter contains details of changes that have been made to the icthomework site over the past term.
We have added a new exercise section to the site entitled, Health and Safety. This section contains three new exercises. These are listed below:
|Desks, Chairs and Cables|
are designed to encourage students to think about the low level risks associated with using computers and how such risks have the potential to lead to injury or ill health.
We have revised a number of teacher and student reports. These now include additional information about student activity. Fig 1 below shows the revised Class Report:
1. The homework set and due dates are now shown in the report header.
2. Marks are supplemented by the related grades in brackets.
3. Homework submission dates which are past the due date are highlighted in red.
4. Summary grade information is provided in the report footer.
5. Students who have not yet attempted this exercise are listed in a new table below the report footer. The export button in this table will export the data from both tables to a CSV file.
Other reports that have been revised include the teacher report: View completed homework: Student Report and the student reports: See all your results and See all your homeworks.
We have added two animated guides to the site:
The first of these is an introduction for teachers. The second guide is designed to be used by teachers to introduce the icthomework site to their teaching groups.
We are developing additional administrative functionality for teachers and school DBAs. This functionality will be available later this summer.
We would welcome your suggestions on further developments. To do this, you can either use the suggestions page on the site or you can email directly to: